Lamb Sausage Rolls
These easy little bites make a perfect appetizer for parties or anytime snacking.
- 2 pkg (375 g each) SunGold Lamb Tonight Italian Sausages
- 1 sheet frozen rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
Sweet Apricot Mustard:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apricot jam
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
Preparation & Directions:
- Cook sausages according to package directions. Let cool and cut each sausage into 3 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius). On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry; cut into 8 strips, then cut each strip into 3 pieces (you should have 24 pieces).
- Roll sausage pieces in puff pastry strips. Place, seam side down, on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Whisk egg with 1 tsp (5 mL) cold water; brush over tops of rolls.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Sweet Apricot Mustard: Whisk together Dijon mustard, apricot jam and honey until smooth. Serve rolls with dipping sauce.
- Sausage rolls can also be served with marinara or tzatziki sauce for dipping.
- For a spicy sausage roll, try Lamb Tonight Merguez Sausage.