Spicy Grilled Merguez and Red Onion Pizza
Grilling pizza adds a nice smoky flavour and chars the crust for a crisp and tasty finish.
- 4 Lamb Tonight Merguez Lamb Sausages
- 1 lb (500 g) pizza dough
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped pepperoncini
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chopped parsley
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat grill to medium; grease grate well. Score sausages; grill, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until grill-marked and cooked through. Remove from grill; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices.
- Meanwhile, divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll out each half into 8-inch (20 cm) round.
- Brush one side with half of the olive oil; grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked and bubbles appear on surface. Flip over and grill second side for 2 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Brush darker sides with remaining olive oil; top with garlic, pepperoncini, red onion and sausage slices. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Place pizzas over indirect heat. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until grill-marked and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Top pizza with lightly dressed arugula or baby spinach for a fresh addition.
- Add capers, fresh parsley and sliced olives if desired.