Mustard Herb & Ratouille Kabobs
SUNGOLD Lamb leg stew is already tender and cut perfectly for kabobs. This versatile marinade adds flavour, try with lamb chops, roasts and racks of lamb as well.
Meat should be cooked on separate skewers from the veggies for even cooking.
Wooden skewers are best, metal skewers tend to overcook meat, heating from the inside as well as the outside of the kabob.
1 lb (500g) SUNGOLD pre cut lamb leg meat or, sirloin, boneless leg cut into cubes
2 TB (15ml) Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp (2ml) crushed red pepper flakes
1 TB (15ml) fresh or dried rosemary leaves
½ tsp (2ml) prepared horseradish
½ cup (125ml) apple juice
¼ cup (50mL) olive or canola oil
Assorted veg such as zucchini, eggplant, onions, mushrooms
Cut into 1 in pieces
8-12 wooden skewers, soak for 10 minutes
Preparation & Directions:
- In a measuring cup combine mustard, garlic, pepper, rosemary, horseradish, juice and oil, whisk.
- In a non metal small bowl, or resealable plastic bag place lamb leg stew meat
- Pour ¾ marinade over meat, covering well, seal or cover, and refrigerated for at least 2 hrs or up to overnight (can be frozen, meat will marinate while thawing in refrigerator)
- Thread lamb, evenly divided, onto 4 skewers
- Thread veg mixture evenly divided onto 4-8 skewers
- Heat BBQ or Broiler to High
- Cook – turning after 2 minutes, both lamb and vegetables until desired doneness, approx 3min per side for med rare lamb
- Baste throughout cooking time with reserved ¼ of marinade
Use only the reserved marinade to baste while cooking to avoid cross contamination!