Roast Leg of Lamb
Any occasion is perfect for a roasted lamb leg, and will always be remembered as amazing!
3-4lb / 2kg SUNGOLD lamb leg bone in 2 TB (25ml) lemon juice
2 TB (25ml) olive oil
1 tsp (5ml) each of thyme, marjoram and salt
¼ cup (50ml) butter
½ cup (125ml) red or white wine
Preparation & Directions:
- Combine lemon juice oil and seasonings and rub over leg roast
- Marinate for 3 hrs in refrigerator if time allows
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C)
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan in oven and reduce heat to 325F (160C)
- Roast for 35min / lb for medium rare – 160F on a meat thermometer
- Remove lamb to a heated platter and let stand for 10 minutes
- Skim some of the fat from the drippings and whisk in butter and wine
- Carve lamb and serve with wine sauce on the side.