Lamb Surf and Turf
Here's a decadent feast that is easy to prepare. Roll up your sleeves and dip the juicy lamb chops, jumbo shrimp and fresh corn into the warm garlic butter - and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) crushed peppercorns
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fennel seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 8 SunGold Lamb Loin Chops (5 oz/150 g each)
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on)
- 3 cobs fresh corn, husked and cut into 4 pieces each
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well.
- Combine olive oil, peppercorns, fennel seeds and salt; divide mixture between two bowls. Toss lamb with olive oil mixture in one bowl and shrimp with olive oil mixture in other bowl until well coated.
- Grill lamb for about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into thickest part of lamb without touching bone registers 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius), or cook to desired doneness. Transfer to platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Grill shrimp, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until opaque. Grill corn, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes or until grill-marked.
- Garlic Butter: In small saucepan, heat butter, garlic and lemon juice over low heat until melted. Stir in parsley.
- Serve lamb chops, shrimp and corn with Garlic Butter.
- For medium doneness, cook lamb to internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius), and 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius) for medium-well.