Smoked Paprika and Lemon Rub for Lamb
Simple, smoky and spicy is the perfect seasoning for BBQ or grilled lamb. Lamb loin chops are thick and juicy, leg steaks and lamb sirloin would also be equally delicious.
- 8 SUNGOLD lamb chops (steak, loin or sirloin)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) mild smoked paprika
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Kosher or coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
Preparation & Directions:
- In a small bowl blend garlic, paprika, zest, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and stir to a thick paste.
- Divide paste evenly between chops, and rub over the entire chop.
- Allow meat to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat BBQ or grill pan to medium high.
- Cook about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.