Greek Style Lamb Seasoning
There are oodles of recipes that call for a combination of traditional Greek seasonings for lamb. For naturally tender cuts such as, lamb leg, leg or loin chops, sirloin or rack roasts, this is a flavourful marinade, and has been family approved.
IF fresh herbs are available, chop finely and add twice the amount specified below for dried.
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp (10ml) dried mint
2 tsp (10ml) dried oregano
1 tsp (5ml) dried dill
¼ tsp (2ml) dried red pepper flakes
2 TB (25ml) lemon juice
¼ cup (50ml) olive oil
2 tsp (10ml) honey
Preparation & Directions:
- Combine all ingredients and whisk well
- Place lamb in a resealable plastice bag, or non metallic container that will allow for the meat to be covered
- Pour in marinade, seal or cover, and marinate lamb for at least 2 hr or up to 24
- Lamb can be frozen in marinade, and defrosted in refrigerator to marinate.
- Continue cooking as desired - grill, broil or roast