Foccacia Crusted Rack of Lamb
A rack of lamb is always a showstopper at any dinner. Encrusted with Mediterranean flavours, this lamb tastes even better than it looks!
- 2 SunGold Frenched Lamb Racks (each 8 bones/1 lb 10 oz/735 g
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed day-old herb or plain focaccia bread
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared olive tapenade
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In food processor, pulse garlic until ground.
- Add cubed bread and rosemary; pulse until ground.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil to moisten crumbs; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted.
- Let cool completely.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; sear lamb, starting with fat side down, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned. Let cool slightly.
- Stir tapenade with mustard; brush evenly over fat side and coat in crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Transfer lamb to parchment paper–lined baking sheet; roast for 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare or until instant-read thermometer inserted into centre without touching bone registers internal temperature of 145°F (63°C), or cook to desired doneness.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1- or 2-rib portions.
- For medium doneness, cook lamb to internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) and 165°F (74°C) for medium-well.
- Serve the lamb with a simple cherry tomato salad: toss together halved cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.