Grilled Ginger Soy Lamb Chops
This is a quick way to get lots of robust flavour without marinating. Brush on a blend of aromatics, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar – and grill without the wait.
- 2 pkg (8 chops) SunGold Lamb Rack Chops
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked brown or jasmine rice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Slice lamb between bones to create individual chops; season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ginger; brush 2 tbsp over lamb chops. Reserve remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Grill lamb chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer inserted into centre registers 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Toss rice with reserved soy sauce mixture; serve with lamb chops. Garnish with green onions.
- For medium doneness, cook lamb to internal temperature of 160°F (71°C), and 165° (74°C) for medium-well.
- If desired, replace rice wine vinegar with red wine vinegar and add 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, rosemary or thyme.