Sesame Crusted Thai Scented Lamb Pops
Trimmed, Frenched rack lamb chops, flavour infused and quickly grilled make an impressive appetizer or first course of a special dinner.
Marinade for up to 12 lamb pops, double if more:
- 12 SUNGOLD Frenched rack lamb chops, ½ inch (1cm) thick
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) prepared lemongrass puree
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) fresh grated ginger root
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried mint leaves
- 1 tsp (5mL) Asian chili garlic paste, or Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup (125mL) coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Cilantro for garnish
Preparation & Directions:
- Place lamb chops in a large sealable plastic bag.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk lemon grass, ginger, mint, chilli paste and coconut milk until smooth.
- Pour into bag over chops and seal, removing as much air as possible, and distribute marinade evenly around the chops.
- Place in the fridge to marinate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- To cook, remove chops and lightly pat with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Place 1/3 of the toasted sesame seeds on a small plate.
- Press chops lightly into the seeds on each side, continue using 1/3 sesame seeds to cover 4 chops at a time.
- Preheat broiler to High.
- Place chops on broiler tray on the middle rack of the oven, and grill for about 2 minutes on each side for medium rare. Watch carefully that the sesame seeds do not burn.
- Allow chops to sit for 3 minutes to firm before serving.