Sometimes, you want to have a five-star dining experience when you come from work …but without the price tag, the Uber ride or the hours of time spent preparing your meal at home. That?s why SunGold?s Lamb Tonight products all come pre-seasoned and pre-marinated.
All you need is a bottle of vino and an oven.
What about preservatives?
Fortunately, we don?t like chemical preservatives in our food either – and if we wouldn?t eat it, we don?t want you to either. SunGold products only use ingredients you can read and say (and would probably add to your own meals at home)!
For example, ?Our Favourite Lamb Burger? is the perfect fusion of complementing herbs and spices gently blended into tender, juicy, fresh Canadian lamb. It?s ingredients are:
- Spices: basil, black pepper, fennel, mint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme
- Dehydrated vegetables: tomato, onion, garlic, red bell peppers
- Canola oil
? and that?s it! Simple, right?
Or, how about our Kofta Ground Lamb Kabobs? These delicious skewers combine mild lamb with Old World flavours to create an authentic lamb experience at home for family or guests. These kabobs contain:
- Spices: allspice, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, ginger, rosemary extract
- Dehydrated vegetables: onion, garlic, parsley
Check out each of our Lamb Tonight products online and read through the ingredient listings. We have nothing to hide!
Bringing clean eats to a whole new level
Lamb, by itself, is a healthy protein option. In fact, it?s considered what?s known as a nutritionally complete protein and is an exceptionally good source of zinc, selenium, vitamin B12, vitamin B3, phosphorus, and iron.
But that?s not where it ends. Research has shown that adding spices to your diet provide numerous health benefits including:
- Eating food with spice regularly lowers mortality by 14% (according to a study by Harvard and the China National Centre for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Spices like cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, and peppers raise your metabolic resting rate and slow down your appetite.
- Spices combat inflammation. So do ingredients like ginger and garlic – that work to treat a range of conditions like arthritis, autoimmune disorders, and even headaches and nausea.
- Spices like cumin and turmeric are known to have powerful antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. ?
?Herbs and spices make food tastier while boosting your health,? says Monica Moreno, an adjunct professor of nutrition at the University of Miami and a dietitian for the Miami Marlins. ?You should be cooking with herbs and spices regularly — and, if possible, using several at a time.?
Lamb Tonight products make it easy for you to fulfill your protein quota for the day while getting a delicious serving of herbs and spice.
Ethically sourced lamb
SunGold works with local farmers across Western Canada to provide high-quality, Canadian-raised lamb meat to our customers. The sustainability of the industry is of utmost importance to us and our producer community. To help consumers of SunGold?s products connect with the people that carefully raise our lamb we are collecting stories to showcase our farming community. Feel free to connect with any of our farmers or the SunGold team at any time! ?
SunGold products, including our delicious Lamb Tonight dinners, are available at your local Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Calgary Co-Op, and Federated Co-Op.