Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Serves: 4
Featuring SunGold lamb sirloin roast – this one-dish meal is sure to please. It’s delicious served hot or cold.
- 1 SunGold Lamb Sirloin (about 1 1/4 lb/625 g)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) za’atar seasoning
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped cucumber
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Pat lamb dry with paper towel; rub with za’atar seasoning. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; sear lamb, fat side down, for 3 or 4 minutes or until half of the fat has rendered.
- In small roasting pan, bake lamb for 30 to 35 minutes for medium-rare or until instant-read thermometer inserted into centre of lamb registers 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius), or cook until desired doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, toss together quinoa, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, red onion, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Whisk together tahini, 1/4 cup (60 mL) water, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and salt.
- Divide quinoa mixture among 4 bowls. Top with lamb slices and drizzle with Tahini Dressing.
- For medium doneness, cook lamb to internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius) and 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius) for medium-well.
- To cook quinoa, bring 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa and 2 cups (500 mL) water to boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.