Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours or overnight to marinate | Serves: 4
Serve with a grated carrot salad, warm Naan and Raita (yogurt, cucumber and garlic dip) for a simple and unique dinner.
Use bamboo skewers for moist, medium rare results, as bamboo does not heat up and cook the meat internally.
- 1 lb (500g) 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubed SUNGOLD lamb sirloin or leg
- 1 fresh lime, zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Garam Masala, or mild Indian curry paste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 8 soft figs, or dates, or apricots, chopped
- 1 large red or yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) squares
Preparation & Directions:
- In a blender or food processor blend lime zest, lime juice, masala, oil and chopped dried fruit until a smooth, soft paste. If the fruit is very dry, a little water may be required.
- Place meat in a large plastic bag with the paste, seal, and with your hands combine so that the paste covers the lamb cubes completely.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate at least four hours, or overnight.
- Thread the lamb evenly between 8 skewers, alternating squares of sweet pepper between the marinated lamb cubes.
- Heat a grill pan, or BBQ grill to medium high.
- Cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes per skewer.