Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 4
These grilled LambTonight Taste of India ground lamb kabobs are served with a summery salad of sweet mango, tangy green apple and fresh basil for a light and tasty dinner.
- 2 pkg (300 g each) SunGold Taste of India Lamb Kabobs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped toasted cashews
- 4 naan breads, warmed
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Cook kabobs, turning once, for about 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss together tomatoes, mango, apple, lime juice, olive oil, sugar and salt. Stir in basil and green onions.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates; top with kabobs. Sprinkle with cashews and serve with naan bread.
- Serve the kabobs over basmati rice if desired.
- Substitute almonds or peanuts for cashews if desired.
- For a spicy salad, garnish with thinly sliced fresh Thai chili peppers.