Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes | Serves: 4
Featuring SunGold ground lamb – enjoy the rich flavor of lamb in this comforting chili.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) SunGold Ground Lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 can (540 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (398 mL) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
Preparation & Directions:
- Heat oil in Dutch oven set over medium heat; cook lamb, onion, garlic and jalapeno for about 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cocoa, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until thickened. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle with Cheddar and green onions.
- Double the recipe and portion into containers, then pop them into the freezer – this chili freezes well.