Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 6
This savoury butter is a great make-ahead to keep in the fridge or freezer. It’s a quick and easy way to boost the flavour of grilled or roasted lamb chops or steaks.
- 12 SunGold Pre Cut Lamb Loin Chops (each 5 oz/150 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped capers
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Toss lamb chops with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into thickest part of meat without touching bone registers internal temperature of 145F (63C), or cook to desired doneness.
- Stir together butter, parsley, basil, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper until blended.
- Transfer to large piece of plastic wrap, rolling up tightly into log shape and twisting ends of plastic wrap to seal.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. Alternatively, freeze for 15 minutes.
- Make-ahead: Can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
- Slice butter into 1/2-inch (1 cm) rounds; serve over top of hot lamb chops.
- For medium doneness, cook lamb to internal temperature of 160F (71C) or 165F (74C) for medium-well.
- Add any remaining butter to sauces, sandwiches or pastas.
- Serve BBQ lamb with steamed green beans.
- If desired, substitute Shoulder Chops for the Loin Chops; cook to desired doneness as for loin chops.
Nutrition Facts (Per 1/4 recipe)
- Calories 640
- Fat 47g
- Cholesterol 225mg
- Sodium 710mg
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Fibre 1g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 52g