Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes | Serves: 4 to 6
Marinated in bold Italian herbs and spices, this lamb porchetta is great served in sandwiches.
- 1 SunGold Half-Cut Tied Leg Lamb Roast (2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
Preparation & Directions:
- Stir together oil, sage, rosemary, fennel, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until combined; rub all over roast.
- Refrigerate in airtight container for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200).
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan; roast for 50 to 60 minutes for medium-rare or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat without touching bone registers internal temperature of 145F (63C), or cook to desired doneness.
- Transfer lamb to cutting board.
- Cover loosely with foil; let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- For medium doneness, cook lamb to internal temperature of 160F (71C) or 165F (74C) for medium-well.
- Serve lamb in crusty buns with arugula, mayonnaise, roasted red peppers and fontina cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Per 1/6 recipe)
- Calories 310
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 110mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fibre 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 33g