Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4
Sophisticated, restaurant-quality Pistachio Crusted Rack of Lamb. These lamb racks make an easy yet elegant dinner entre.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed fresh mint
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) red chili flakes
- 2 SunGold French Lamb Racks, cap off
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). In food processor, pulse garlic, pistachios, mint, thyme, lime zest and chili flakes until finely chopped. Transfer to shallow dish; set aside.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; sear lamb racks all over, starting with fat side down, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned. Let cool slightly.
- Brush mustard evenly over fat side of lamb racks; coat in pistachio mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Transfer lamb to parchment paper-lined baking sheet; roast for 20 to 25 minutes for medium-rare or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb without touching bone registers 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius), or cook to desired doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 2-rib portions.
- For medium doneness, cook lamb to internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius), and 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius) for medium-well.