Prep Time:?10 minutes |?Cook Time:?15 minutes |?Serves:?6
A fun take on classic Caprese flavours, these skewers make for a satisfying appetizer.
- 1 pkg (340 g) SunGold Mediterranean Style Lamb Meatballs
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 6 mini bocconcini balls
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic glaze
- 6 bamboo skewers (5 inch/13 cm)
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400?F (200?C).
- Arrange meatballs in single layer on parchment paper?lined baking sheet; bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Thread 1 meatball, 1 basil leaf, 1 bocconcini ball, 1 cherry tomato and second meatball onto each skewer.
- Repeat to make 6 skewers.
- Place on serving tray; drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- For visual contrast, use red and yellow tomatoes.
- This recipe doubles easy to serve a larger crowd.
Nutrition Facts?(Per 1/6 recipe – 1 skewer)
- Calories 189
- Vitamin A?2% DV
- Vitamin C?4% DV
- Calcium?4% DV
- Iron?8% DV