Prep Time:?10 minutes |?Cook Time:?50 minutes |?Serves:?4
These deluxe burgers are perfect for quick and easy summer dinners. The caramelized onions are cooked in foil packets on the grill for a simple burger topping.
- 4 patties SunGold Prairie Lamb Burgers
- 2 baking potatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 tsp) each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 cooking onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, cut into cubes
- 4 slices smoked Cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Prick potatoes all over with fork. Microwave on High for 8 to 10 minutes or until paring knife inserted in potato meets some resistance in the centre.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges; toss with oil, thyme, chili powder and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Lay 24-inch (60 cm) long piece of heavy-duty foil on work surface; fold crosswise in half.
- Add onion to centre; season with remaining salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Fold up foil into package, sealing tightly.
- Reduce one side of grill to medium heat; cook onions, flipping once, for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, grill potato wedges over medium-high heat, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until well-marked and tender.
- Grill burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked through.
- Top each patty with cheese; cook for 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.
- Assemble burgers in buns with lettuce, tomatoes and caramelized onions.
- Serve with grilled potato wedges.
- Serve with your favourite burger condiments, such as barbecue sauce, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and pickles.
- If you like, substitute crumbled goat cheese for Cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts?(Per 1/4 recipe)
- Calories 858
- Vitamin A?4% DV
- Vitamin C?50% DV
- Calcium?20% DV
- Iron?35% DV