Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
Charmoula is a Moroccan herb marinade that really livens up the sweet potatoes. It’s a terrific side dish for the spiced-up Merguez sausage.
- 1 pkg (400 g) SunGold Merguez Lamb Sausage, cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 lb (1 kg) sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- Lemon wedges
Preparation & Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425F (225C). In large bowl, stir olive oil with half of the cilantro, parsley, garlic, paprika, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, salt and pepper; toss with sweet potatoes until coated.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake sweet potatoes, turning once, for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.
- Serve sausage with sweet potatoes and lemon wedges.
- For spicy sweet potatoes, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Per 1/4 recipe)
- Calories 653
- Fat 43g
- Cholesterol 68mg
- Sodium 902mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fibre 9g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 19g
- Vitamin A 330% DV
- Vitamin C 25% DV
- Calcium 10% DV
- Iron 130% DV