Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
Spiked with Greek flavours, this spiralized salad is a fun and healthy side dish for classic souvlaki.
- 2 pkg (each 300 g) SunGold Souvlaki Lamb Kabobs
- 4 zucchini
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) half-moon cucumber slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges
Preparation & Directions:
- Using a spiralizer, turn zucchini into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen shears as needed; transfer to large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; toss with zucchini, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Grill souvlaki for 4 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked and cooked through.
- Sprinkle feta over salad; serve with souvlaki and lemon wedges.
- Substitute 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano for fresh oregano if desired.
- A spiralizer is also known as a spiral slicer or vegetable turning slicer. They are available at most kitchenware stores or can be ordered online. Alternatively, slice zucchini into long strips with a vegetable peeler and then cut into thin strands, lengthwise, with a sharp knife.
Nutrition Facts (Per 1/4 recipe)
- Calories 382
- Fat 23g
- Cholesterol 111mg
- Sodium 1325mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fibre 3g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 35g
- Vitamin A 8% DV
- Vitamin C 70% DV
- Calcium 10% DV
- Iron 30% DV